Our YouTube Channel
Bank Account IBAN
CH22 0900 0000 8722 1172 2
Religious Education 2017-2018Religious Education Registration form
Religious Education Classes and Sacramental Masses are included on the
main calendar on the homepage. Please refer to these regularly for
updates and changes.
You can also download an overview document from RE_2018.docx
We are offering the following:
1. 3-year cycle to prepare for First Holy Communion
- RE1: introduction to the New Testament, starting at age 6
or when able to read and write with fluency. Children will be expected
to follow a 2 hour class once a month and work with written material.
Education Foundation Class - The Foundation Course is the first class
in the RE programme, and is geared towards 7 years old children. The
course will teach your children the foundations of their faith and they
must attend if they then wish to prepare for First Reconciliation and
First Communion. To be able to attend, your child should:
- Be 7 years old
- Be able to speak and understand English to at least an elementary level
- Be able to make the Sign of the Cross
- Be able to write in English
- Classes will be held at Bruder Klaus church
- RE2: preparation for the Sacrament of Reconciliation (usually age 7-9)
- Reconciliation Preparation - Preparation to receive the loving gift of forgiveness and healing of the Lord. Children must receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation before receiving First Communion.
2. Workshops (until age 14): continuous religious education
- RE3: preparation for First Communion (usually age 9-11)
- Holy Communion is
the third of seven sacraments received. It occurs only after receiving
Baptism, and once the person has reached the age of reason (usually,
around the second grade). First confession (the first sacrament of
penance) must precede the reception of the Eucharist.
3. Confirmation class: for baptized children who have done their First
Communion and will be 14 year old at the time of Confirmation
BEFORE YOU REGISTER- Important notice for parents
- Young people wishing to be Confirmed should have had a
prolonged period of religious education and be ready to make a serious
commitment to their faith. The Sacrament of Confirmation is conferred
on those who have completed, in full, all religious education classes
as well as the retreat leading up to this point.
Responsibility for the preparation for the Sacraments is shared by
parents, and the parish. Many of your families are
“international” families, moving from one country to another and in
most cases without the benefit and support of a Catholic school system.
We ask parents to make a commitment to attend all the sessions at the
Church and to do the homework with your child. Your child's
readiness for these sacraments will only be as good as the effort you
put into making it happen. There will be a parents’ information session
where you will get more information on what is expected from you.
HOW TO REGISTER?
July-August is time to register your children for Religious Education in our community.
Please register on line using the link below:
Religious Education Registration form
Note that for registration to be completed we will need:
Parents who had their children registered in a previous year and who
already provided a baptism certificate do not need to provide one
again. However, we still ask that you complete the online form as we
are moving to online registration.
- Your child’s baptism certificate (compulsory) and other
documents outlined in the registration form (helpful) if you are new to
- Payment to be made per the instructions on the form
Please make sure to register quickly so we can book sufficient class rooms and order enough books for all children.
In the meantime, do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions,
Anne and Eric de La Fortelle- RE Coordinators